There seems to be a mystery that unfolds to anyone who can drop into it. I wander the land at dusk often many nights in a week. Rare but sometimes my mind leaves all thoughts in the steps behind me, and spaciousness empties me as it fills me simultaneously. I join this unspoken rhythm. I allow my feet to carry me with no mind to where I am going. A few times I have wandered towards a tree, no particular tree but his evening resting tree. When my eyes meet him, he takes flight with a cry. Tears can follow this, or a giant joy I send off in his wings. He carries my soul high as these feet continue towards his feather and then onward in his name.
Aho Golden Eagle
Your wild cry calls up the day
bringing foresight for tomorrows
Quiet your feathers unfold
to release flight from it's rest
To work as wing
together as one
In balance these two hold dawn and dusk
Suspended from the sun's highest reach
With your last sun dance
You soar in silence,
Until a soft unheard landing
Invites nesting from the dark
To hold you in moonlight
Waiting this night for sun dance
For Sun Dance.
Monday, October 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment