My parents, whom had been visiting for over two weeks, now can visualize my life. Maybe this is why my mom saved all the soap and shampoo from the five or more hotels they stayed in with as much thirst for thrift as I often keep. I suppose she wants to keep me clean amongst all the dust. Now they are home and I have a quiet weekend that I did not invite, but now relish in.
Today, I slice tomatoes for sun-dried additions to future meals, for a time when the earth's abundance gets leaner. My mind is finally softening, where thoughts lighten and do not press, and there is mental room for a slice of clarity, even a creative urge.
I come to terms with the part of myself that is forever far reaching, physically, spiritually and emotionally. Today I settled into where I am. Here. Backache, sore throat, head cold, the heat, and the quiet and peaceful (besides the nose blowing). Even if only for today. Here in this moment I do not worry, I do not anger, I do what work I can and honestly. I give thanks for all that I do have. For today I will be kind to all those I come in contact with, even myself.
Rumi said, "Not united, not separated, I try whispering perfection and no sound comes."
Today I hold what I do have, what is real, honest and far from perfect. This I can love and nurture. This is Grace.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Your mind is full of sky, infinite sky. Let there be sky and let the clouds blow away. You are full of learned things. Thoughts that make you stormy. Let there be blue sky."- Lynn V. Andrews
I unraveled.
poured out.
I made room
for the between space.
the boundless.
what one
can not measure
nor exhaust
or even touch.
No comments:
Post a Comment